Sunday, April 1, 2012

Excuse Me While I Gush

This weekend has gone by incredibly fast - makes me wish I had taken off more than Friday in order to extend it further! 

On Friday M drove to my house; we then hit Winco to obtain groceries for the weekend along with snacks for the boys.  After seeing the boys off on the train, M and I made our way to Gresham to share a pizza; while he was packing his bag, I sat down and selected several tunes from his music collection in order to make my first CD.  It includes everything from Kenny Loggins to Michael Jackson to Stephanie Mills.  Nice soundtrack for our drive back to my place.
 
Saturday found us outlining our To Do list for the day.  We started with taking over ten bags of garbage from the garage to the dump.  M began work on my cupboards (i.e., two falling apart resulting in hanging off their hinges), then we began moving the furniture around.  We swapped a couch in one room for a love seat, moved an entertainment center around, and relocated the computer off the kitchen bar, placing it into the family room.  M also put my  cords in order; rather than the jumbled, gobbled mess which were my electrical cords, he separated, wrapped, and organized the plug-ins so they were organized.  We vacuumed; we dusted; we shoved, pushed and pulled!  It's so nice to have another's input (along with their muscles) to move furniture and redecorate; the result is fantastic!  In between all of this we took a break to make M's potato salad so it would chill before dinner.

After remodeling the downstairs, M began work on changing out doorknobs in order to increase the security of my home.  I must admit the defense of my home had not been up to par for a long time; he installed new keyed locks to all points of access in order to prevent an intruder from breaking into my house. 

M then made dinner - grilled chicken sandwiches, potato salad, and "steamable" microwaveable corn on the cob.  Yummy!  It had been a long day and our dinner was a wonderful end to many hours of productivity.

This morning after breakfast we cleaned up then hit Lowe's for additional home supplies.  We then hit Walmart so I could grab some picture frames for son Jordan's art.  We currently have Sam's art hung on the wall but, in order to ensure Jordy didn't feel left out, I wanted to hang his drawings as well.  Leaving Walmart we ran into two of my oldest and dearest friends so it was nice to catch up and that they were able to meet my M. 

Sunday will soon end however, I'm happy to say that not only was it a productive weekend but I was able to spend it with my favorite guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment