Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jam Packed Weekend As Always!!

Saturday found Michael and I packing in a variety of errands throughout the day.  After breakfast we hit Target then made our way to Gresham to stop at his apartment before looking at rims and tires for my Chrysler.  My silver 300 is going to look pretty sharp once it gets new 20 inch tires and chrome rims, especially when it's at a discounted price.

After the rim shop, we cruised into Portland to visit Michael's friend Stacy from high school at her cupcake trailer.  Oddly enough her cupcake shop is called "Meaty's Cupcakes", somewhat of an oxymoron.  Apparently Meaty was her daughter's nickname so she named her trailer in her honor.  The cupcakes were huge!!  We couldn't resist picking up a dozen for the boy's to enjoy when they arrived home on Easter.  (Okay, okay, I had to test the frosting as well!)

After cupcakes, we asked Stacy where we could find a good snack.  She suggested panuchos from the taco truck in the same lot as her trailer.  Neither of us had heard of these but decided to go for it and made our way to the taco stand.  The panuchos consisted of two homemade corn tortillas filled with black beans then topped with chicken, lettuce, tomato and pickled onion.  It was super tasty and only cost $1.35!
  

Taco Truck and Panuchos
Big cupcakes - yum!
Meaty's Cupcakes




After our panuchos snack, we drove over to America's Best Eyeglass Center to find new eyeglasses and contacts. They were running a special - two pair of eyeglasses for $69.99 and a free exam.  I normally wear contacts and hadn't purchased new glasses for years.  Michael was in the same boat.  During my exam, I complained to the eye doctor that my bi-focal contacts weren't working correctly.  She suggested that I wear one contact in my left eye and none in my right.  I'll be able to see the distance but then be able to read since I'm nearsighted.  The clinic gave me two tester lenses but I went ahead and ordered two boxes.  This will save me in the long run especially since I will only need to wear one contact at a time. 


Similar to my new sectional



After the glass place, we made our way over to Mor furniture.  I really wanted to get a sectional for my living room; Michael and I had browsed at the furniture store in Kelso but the one I liked cost a pretty penny plus I had to pay for delivery.  However, Mor furniture had a Midnight Madness sale going, which couldn't be beat.  I found a nice sectional that included a chaise and large ottoman; I received an additional $150 plus 5% off, then free delivery and set up.  A much better deal than buying local!

It was a very long but productive day.  We made it home safely then got up early to pick up the boys from the Portland train at 10am.  I'm looking forward to a peaceful sleep before I leave for my trip to Texas on Monday!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment