Monday, April 16, 2012

Pancake to Pumpernickel

Sunday found Michael and I visiting our regular spot Elmer's for breakfast.   There is something about the fruit-topped German pancake that I simply cannot resist!  After breakfast we stopped by a pet store so he could pick up some feeder goldfish for his Jack Dempsey and Convict fish.  It was fascinating watching the bigger fish swarm the little goldfish - you knew the goldie's days, in fact minutes, were numbered but you just can't turn your eyes away.  The biggies were given eight fish; there were three left when Michael suggested we talk a walk to the Ulta store.  Yes, the Ulta store - this man knows what lurks in this Diva's mind!! 

We ambled over to the strip mall, hitting World Market first.  I love wandering through the aisles, browsing over the oddities and strange food items.  Some I couldn't resist, such as the chocolate sesame crunch bar, pumpernickel pretzels, and a bag of round, flat fortune cookies.  After World Market we went next door to Ulta; Michael relaxed in a salon chair while I wandered around, picking up odds and ends such as the BOGO Ulta lotion and a new bottle of Jonathan's Silky Dirt for my hair (spendy but lasts forever.)  Once done, we walked our way back to his apartment (to see that only a chunk of one goldfish was left) then drove to my place for dinner with the boys.

And here it is Monday again - I've been absent from work for a week so I'm anxious to return to see what excitement awaits me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment