Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stay Calm Folks - It's Just a Drill

Just as I wrapped up typing my blog, packed my bags, and was on the phone with my Michael, a fire alarm sounded in my room.  It suddenly blasted out directions to leave the room and take the stairs out to the front of the hotel.  At least I was dressed and ready to go!  I quickly grabbed my purse and bags, took a fast scan one more time around the room, and hightailed it to the hallway.  I happened to be on the fifth floor so I lugged my suitcase, carry-on bag, and purse down the stairs to the lobby, which was filled to the brim with guests making their way outside.  Shortly thereafter the fire truck arrived; I'm happy to say this was simply a fire drill not a real emergency.  I was also very proud of my co-workers in Texas as they made the guest evacuation organized and efficient. 

After the drill, I grabbed the shuttle and made my way over to the airport.  My connection was in San Jose so here I sit typing while I wait for my flight to Portland.  It will be good to be home - and to see if my boys followed the rules I set out for them when I left for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment