Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Housework Does a Body Good

There is something about having the house to myself that inspires me to.....clean!  All I thought about on my commute home yesterday was cleaning the boy's bathroom.  When I arrived home, I quickly changed my clothes then started a load of laundry before creeping into the dreaded bathroom of gore.  That toilet hadn't seen a scrub brush in months; in addition, the pile of dirty laundry seemed to resemble The Blob.....towels, underwear, and clothes jumbled together in a growing pile of soiled fabric.  Ugh.  The only bad part about sterilizing the bathroom?  The discovery that I need a new mop as the one I have just couldn't do the floor justice.

After the bathroom, I continued to tackle the laundry then picked up the kitchen.  I moved all the clean clothes into the living room and folded until my fingers curled into arthritic nubs as I watched TV.  I also picked up and swept the laundry room; the coup de grace was taking the big black bag of garbage outside to the can.  Whew!!  It felt so good to have chores done, especially the bathroom, although the fragrance I smelled the rest of the night was a mixture of Pine Sol and Tidy Bowl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment