Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Case of the Missing Sharkie!

One of my fish has disappeared.....yes, disappeared into thin air!  I noticed yesterday morning one of my sharkies was having some issues - not eating, kind of floating around, and just not with it.  I figured he'd be sleeping with the fishes, literally, when I arrived home after work.

When I peered into the tank that evening, there was no floating fish.  No sunken sharkie.  In fact, no dead sharkie at all.  His buddy was swimming around with the rest of the pack but his twin was no where to be found.  I asked Sam if he had flushed my fishie and he said "No".  Hmmmm....very mysterious.

I further investigated the case of the missing shark tonight after work.  I finagled the fish net through the water to see what might appear.  I turned over the fake chest, investigated under the pirate ship, and wiggled the fake log with foliage.  Nothing.  Michael suggested Mr. Shark may have jumped out of the tank.....I looked toward the back of the tank then on the floor, at which point Michael mentioned that Stubbs could have had shark for a snack. This was a possibility!  I have my suspicions that the good old algae eater, which I received from Michael and is quite large, ate Mr. Shark for a snack.  In looking up the diet of plecostamus, Wikipedia states not only do they eat algae but also dead fish.   This could be it!  Poor sharkie could have just been gobbled up by the prehistoric plecostamus looking for a midnight snack.

Regardless of his end, my little sharkie will be missed.

My theory!


No comments:

Post a Comment