Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shopping the Strange and Unique

Tonight after work I swung by the Chehalis Grocery Outlet store, which I hadn't been to in some time.  There's something about that place that encourages me to wander aisle after aisle, searching for strange items that needed a place in my cart.  Oftentimes the odds and ends for sale are discontinued trends or surplus items that have a bargain basement price - in a word, my kind of place!  This type of venture reminds me of my mom, who would always return home from Fred Meyer's with a variety of trial size products, discounted makeup, and clearance candy.  Yes, I realize I'm becoming my mother and you know what?  That's fine with me!

Ending up in my cart were an assortment of products, including:

*Philly Cooking Cream - Pesto and Garlic flavors at a bargain price of two for a buck;
*Honeydew Melons - two for $3;
*Ax Deodorant - Sam's favorite smell Fiji at 99 cents;
*Betty Crocker 7-Layer Bars;
*Bear Naked cereal;
*Large geranium plants for $3 each;
*Steamed pork barbecue buns, one of my favorites!

The only bummer?  When I arrived home, neither of the boys were there so I had to unload and put away the groceries by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment