Sunday, June 24, 2012

Saga of the Garage Door Continues...

One day soon my garage door will work.  But not today. 

As you know, I have spent the last several months opening and closing my electronically-broken garage door by hand.  I purchased a new opener at Home Depot, waited two weeks for it to be installed with little to no communication from the store then returned it.  Hit Lowe's with the full expectation it would be a better experience.  It wasn't.  Purchased an opener, then had to purchase an extension rail, which ended up being the wrong extension rail.  Returned it, ordered a new rail, and have been waiting since mid-May for the part to arrive.  Little to no communication once again forced me to return the opener to Lowe's yesterday and obtain my refund.  Arrrggg!!!

After some preliminary investigation and phone calls, Michael suggested Sears as the next garage door opener target.  We went, we saw, we conquered.  I purchased a new opener and installation at a cheaper price and actually booked the install for this coming Friday.  However, I won't be able to breathe until I actually have the remote in hand, pressing the button for the door to open.  But I feel it happening soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment