Monday, June 4, 2012

Two Firsts for Diva

This weekend found me working on two firsts:

Waiting for fish!
Aquarium - Michael has an awesome aquarium at his house that I find fascinating.  It is so relaxing to watch the fish swim, chase, and eat goldfish (yep, that's the most entertaining part!)  He knew how much I enjoyed the fish that he surprised me by giving me a 20-gallon tank of my own, which he set up this weekend.  The water has to cure for at least a week so no fish yet but that will be coming in the near future.  The boys think meat-eaters or piranhas would be cool but for me it will be a tank of colorful and beautiful species.

Topsy Turvy!
Topsy Turvy - Awhile back we bought some clearance-priced Topsy Turvy planters for tomatoes and strawberries.  We finally picked up a few strawberry plants and last night we worked together to plant  them in the gadget.  Not  sure of the number it would hold so we only purchased six plants, which were short as the planter held at least 15.  However, this didn't detour us from our efforts as we made do with what we had.  My new Topsy is now hanging on the front porch and we have our fingers crossed for fruit.  Hopefully I can remember to water it every day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment