Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hello Fish and Goodbye Stress

Michael and I finally picked out the fish and stocked my new tank!  There are some sharks, some gourami, tetra and an awesomely huge algae eater Michael gifted to me from his tank.  There was one orange gourami who seemed very lonely and lost and swam with a bit of a crook in his tail.  None of the other fish wanted to hang with him and I felt so sorry for the little guy.  I thought about getting him a friend but unfortunately he didn't survive the week and passed away.  Hopefully that will be my only loss.

There is something about this tank that mesmerizes me.  I feed them in the morning then simply watch them eating and playing, so much so that I have to shake myself to get back into my morning routine.  It is a wonderful stress reliever as well, spacing out and enjoying my new fish family.  Haven't named them yet but that will be my next task!

No comments:

Post a Comment