Saturday, October 29, 2016

Car Wash, Crafts, and Chopped

Stayed home Friday and nursed my freaky eyes. Fit in a little crafting in preparation for the holiday bazaar.  Although I took Benadryl last night, it seemed to have the opposite effect as normal which meant I was up until after 1am.

Eyes were much better today; crafted until about 2 pm when I couldn't stand my stinky smell any longer and had to take a shower.  Ran over to Sallys to pick up some ridge filler and polish to make my nails presentable.  Done with that, my next stop was the car wash and vacuum. Man was my car filthy!!  Cleaned out the car, vacuumed, and Armour Alled the inside.  Time for the wash.

I rolled the car into the washing station, hopped out and inserted many quarters to the slot, which gave me about 7 minutes. Now, have you ever watched Chopped?  Where there is a very small amount of time to finish the job?  That's what it was like - my own version of car wash Chopped!

I pre-washed, rinsed,  soap sprayed, then on to the brush. The whole time I'm craning my neck to see how much time was left. Seven minutes in a fast food drive thru is a long time but the same can't be said for washing a car.  I was rushing around like a screaming banshee to get that car washed, especially during the last few seconds when I was sure I was on the losing end to rinse the damn car!!

In the end the car was washed, the inside was clean, and I made my way home. Getting out of the car, I glanced over to view it's gleaming shine. Uh not so fast. Perhaps because I didn't towel dry the rig, there were a lot of patchy areas that didn't exactly gleam. More like flatly dulled. What else can one expect from a beat the clock car wash?

Tonight I'm relaxing watching Chopped, a six disk collection from the show. Relaxing may not be the right word. The disks didn't work in my older dvd player so I'm watching the show on my smaller tv/dvd player. Problem is, there is something wrong with it so the volume is cranked to 100.  I've added duct tape to the speakers and wrapped the lower half with a blanket. Hasn't made much of a difference so if all my hearing goes, chock it up to the Food Network.


No comments:

Post a Comment