Sunday, October 16, 2016

Storm No Deterrent to Crafting

After waking up at 4:30am, yesterday was a long but fruitful day. Crafted, cleaned up, browsed a few stores, then returned home to craft some more.

Made a lighted jar from a glass Goodwill nozzle pitcher. Tried to remove the nozzle and ended up breaking a bigger hole in the side. This didn't stop me!  Taped up the hole then covered it all with black and white newsprint from a vintage Fredericks of Hollywood catalog. Once dry, added black ribbon and a sequined high heel, inserted the lights and bam!!  Cool light that went into my master bathroom. 

Also picked up some more GWL plates and candleholders and put together two more tray sets.

The storm ended up being more bark than bite although we had wind and rain aplenty. In the middle of it all a rainbow sprouted up and was a nice surprise in the middle of the day 

Done with the projects, I treated myself to a night at the movies, seeing The Girl in the Train. Read the book and the movie followed it pretty well.  Entertaining.

This morning I cleaned the last of my liquor bottles. Painted two neon green; waiting for them to dry so they can be transformed into a Seahawks theme.

Thinking I may throw on some warm clothes and venture to Willow Grove today to discover what treasures the big storm may have left on the sand. 





No comments:

Post a Comment