Saturday, October 1, 2016

Nest May Be Empty But Life is Full!

October is here along with the rain. Guess on the bright side of things it means mowing of the lawn won't occur today.

Baby boy Sam is moving out today. Got his own rental house and is packing up and leaving thus an empty nest. And you know what?  That's okay, in fact awesome. Happy both boys have become independent and have left mama's house.  Will be quieter here but if you know me at all, you know I will keep myself busy!

Today my first born Jordan and his wife Candy and I met up for lunch at the cow deli. Was great catching up with those two.  Afterwards we hit a few thrift stores then I scooted on over to Goodwill then Ross.  When done, made my way to Sam's new pad.  Oh the memories it gave me from when I moved into my first apartment (well, after my college apartment.)  Cute little house and he should have it set up soon with Batman decor.

So now my mind is moving toward creative possibilities for the house. Will do some serious deep cleaning on the boys bathroom and move my makeup into there.  Do some painting and create a serious craft room in one bedroom: the other bedroom may just be my "dressing" room.  Will keep me busy with all the possibilities!

Speaking of busy, I've learned from personal experience the signs of a true craftaholic are as follows:


  • The tips of your fingers are always healing from glue gun burns;
  • Your floor is always sparkling from the remnants of glitter;
  • Your form of muscle building is scrubbing the kitchen counter to remove paint drips and E6000 glue;  
  • That cute t-shirt is now a splatter painted rag because you were so anxious to begin crafting you couldn't stop to change;
  • While shopping your eye no longer catches the latest fashion but instead bargain basement baubles that could be repurposed into an amazing art project.

Here's to new adventures awaiting me in my empty nest!!


No comments:

Post a Comment