Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Chicago Virgin

July 4th was pretty uneventful.  Worked until 2:30 then returned home and painted rocks, relaxed, painted, ate dinner, painted, then went to bed about 10 amid the massive fireworks going off in my neighborhood.


This morning slept in then packed for my work trip to Chicago. Arrived at Mikes about 10:30 as he was kind enough to offer to take me and pick me up at the airport.  So much nicer than long term parking!

Flight was delayed 30 minutes - left around 1:40 and arrived about 7:10 Central time. Met up with a coworker then caught a taxi to the hotel. I was beginning to feel very hot and sweaty....had been a long day.

Checked in at hotel (on 22nd floor!) then met up with the rest of the group for dinner. Made our way down the road some to the Shamrock Bar. Asked for a red beer - she didn't know what it was so I had to explain.  Ended up getting a beer with plain tomato juice waved over it. The cheeseburger hit the spot though!

It's now 11:23 but of course feels like 9:23.  Must force myself to sleep soon or I'll be paying for it in the morning!!



Pseudo red beer

View from my room


No comments:

Post a Comment