Sunday, July 9, 2017

Weekend Recap and Naps

Friday turned out to be a very long day.  Wandered around the airport and read my book, The Girls, which is a riff on the Manson Family.  Finally the plane arrived and I was off.

Being Southwest, it's a free for all on the seats. I was toward the end lineup but saw a seat in the middle on the front row, which offered more room.  Snagged it and assessed my seatmates. Lady to my right was obviously nervous, continuously rubbing her finger and thumb together against her shirt.

The man on my left was just plain odd. Late 50's, dressed in rocker shirt, tons of tattoos, skull rings, fingers and toes painted in alternating red and blue.  My first thought was "is this someone from Aerosmith?"  Throughout the flight he sat with his hands on his lap, covering his I-Pad, and moving his legs together slowly.  It was beyond creepy.

Landed at my connecting gate, then spent the next 2 hours reading my book.  Finally hopped the plane to Portland, where I landed about 12:45am. Mike picked me up at 1am and we got to his place at 2am. I was beyond beat plus I felt like a grimy, sweaty dollar bill that had been riding in someone's cleavage all day.

Slept in til 10:30am, went to breakfast at Stuffys, stopped at my place so I could shower, then headed over to Winco as my cupboards were bare.

After offloading groceries, we returned to Mikes until 5:30 when we drove to Carols to celebrate her sister Cathys birthday.

As always, I was reminded it's a small world, actually a small town. Cathy was previously married to a former boss of mine so I'm sure we crossed paths before back in 1987.  I also went to school with her stepdaughter, and her son is friends with my brother's best friend.  So coincidental.

Dinner was awesome - big salad, grilled asparagus, flank steak, and corn on the cob, which required me to sneak into the bathroom to floss my teeth. Nothing worse than chunks of corn in a person's teeth to drive you over the edge.

Today I'm in recovery mode from the whole Chicago trip and weekend.  Going to finish my book and there just may be a nap in my future!

After my pizza and pasta trip, I'm looking at starting a ketogenic diet.  Looks promising and I've lost weight before by cutting out pasta and starch....let's see how it goes!





No comments:

Post a Comment