Saturday, May 24, 2014

Back From the Land of Bawston Accents!

Finally home from New England!!!  Arrived safely, pulled into home around 9:30 pm (12:30 am according to my "new" time), then flopped into bed!  I was a tired girl!!!

The New England trip was a whirlwind, filled with tons of data input, organization, and eating, although my healthy rules remained in place, oh, 80% of the time!   Our group of co-workers ate at Longhorn Steakhouse; The Mill No. 3 sandwich/garden restaurant; Barb's Restaurant, which mainly focused on omelets; and S.S. Lobster, which served a fantastic "lazy lobster" dish, meaning all the shell was removed and the lobster claws and meat floated in butter.  In addition, the kitchen and restaurant crew at the lodge was trying out recipes so food available at work included pizza, sandwiches, fudge, coffee, and Dunkin Donuts!  One of my co-workers also bestowed upon me a parting gift of the "absolute best cinnamon roll doughnut" from Gourmet Doughnuts.  I'd have to agree it was on the upper echelon of pastries!

Pics of New England lodge
The best meal I ate, however, was with my cousin Jon, his wife Talia, and son Kai on Thursday.  They live out in a wooded nature land - quiet, serene, with a unique home filled with a variety of porches, floors, and items of interest.  It was the first time I had met Kai - he is a cutie patootie!!  He also loved the wolf ears from me so that was a plus!  For dinner, we dined on New England cheese, including Vermont cheddar along with a cheese made from the morning milk, the evening milk, and divided with a line of ash.  Tasty!  The cheese was followed with grilled chicken salad; the topper was angel food cake, fresh berries, and whipped cream.  All of this made for a memorable evening with my family in a state far, far away from my home.

Before my departure, the lodge had it's soft opening on Friday.  I ended up being the first retail customer when I picked up a New England shirt for myself and my Michael.  My co-worker then gave me a lift to the airport; during the ride, Fenway Park made a quick appearance so my camera captured what it could.  Travel home was uneventful, other than a passenger who was rather cranky after I refused to trade my window seat with his girlfriend in a middle seat.  It had been a long trip and I was anxious to nap with my head against the outside clouds.

And now I'm home.  Whew!!  Time to scratch another state off my bucket list!!!  Here's to a rapid recovery from jet lag and settling in to my normal routine!!

Boston, family, cheese, and lobster roll!!




No comments:

Post a Comment