Monday, May 12, 2014

Seafood, Sun, and Seriously Slow

The sky was blue and the weather was warm so there was nothing to complain about this Mother's Day!  After coffee and a 45 minute walk, I cleaned up and made my way to Michael's.



After visiting for a bit, we then got picked up by Trimet to meet his family at the Portland Seafood Company for dinner. The ride to the restaurant was interesting.  A cranky, cantankerous old broad griped, groaned, and complained throughout the ride. At one point she asked to use a pen; no pen in purse, I offered her a pencil, which she promptly grabbed. And never returned!  I didn't begrudge her the pencil simply because I was so happy to see her get off the bus!



Arriving to the restaurant, we waited to be seated until the table was ready.  However, Michael's mom showed up and, since his attendance was a surprise for her, we booked it to the back table. My wheelchair skills aren't up to snuff yet, which meant I accidentally rammed my love's knee into the table. Ouch!



Michael's mom was surprised and there ended up being 16 of us around the table celebrating mothers.  It was a great gathering followed by lots of picture-taking in the sun before we caught the Trimet for home around 5:45 pm.



Trimet...argggg!!!!  It appears it operates on the first on, last out principle. We were the first on the bus but the driver made two more pickups and dropoffs before taking us back to the rehab facility....at 7:30 pm!!  Almost two hours on the bus!!!



Made it home; during my drive I sipped some of my black coffee from the morning. Bad idea as it's now almost midnight and I'm still awake!



Here's to a peaceful sleep...soon...and a week filled with sunshine, happiness and an encore of blue skies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment