Thursday, May 29, 2014

Give Me Protein!!!

In order to include more protein in my diet, I've added a few tidbits to my diet.  My new breakfast is a whey protein shake with fruit, flax seed meal, and chia seeds.  Then lunch brings a chopped salad - so good at restaurants so a new salad chopper tool made its way into my kitchen arsenal.  Topped with chicken or tuna, it's a yummy meal.

To allow more me time in the morning, last night I whipped up a couple of batches of shake to freeze then chopped a salad for my lunch. Even filled up my water bottles (with 2/3 water and 1/3 Minute Maid 15-calorie lemonade) so definitely reduced my rush in the morning.  Getting the coffee pot ready at night may also be the ticket to a stress free preparation for work.

My next errand this weekend for continued health improvement and weight loss is to visit the local GNC to pick up some Dr. Oz approved vitamin supplements, including one called Holy Basil!!  Yes, like Holy Basil Batman!!

Hit the 33 lb loss mark this week (38 since January) so my motivation continues to be strong to reach my goals!!!




Oh, since we are speaking of healthy....sister Julie text me this picture of her lunch today....smoothie of greens from her garden along with a scoop of almond butter.  She says Yum....I say it's a combination of baby diaper with Exorcist puke!!!  It's the kind of drink that needs to be in a non see-through mug!!!

Wait a minute....Julie also sent me a picture of her bonding with her cow.  Now it's all coming together...she's looking to her cow's diet for her own personal smoothie recipes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment