Saturday, May 31, 2014

Enjoying the Big Picture

One of the perks to losing weight is to be surprised with certain clothing that fits looser.  Today I pulled out a pair of cuffed capri-type jeans to wear.  The last time I wore these jeans was to a murder mystery dinner with several of my co-workers.  My company had purchased a table; because my commute is so far, I had thrown jeans and a shirt into a bag to change at work.  Obviously my mind was functioning in another universe because when it was time to slip my capris on they were tight....like unbearably tight.  There was no slipping - it was all tug and pull going on .  That whole night was spent in uncomfortable pain while enduring an unbelievable case of TPS - tight pant syndrome.  Hopping in my car for the drive home, my hands immediately unbuttoned and unzipped my pants to provide relief.  The fact that my internal organs were damaged in some way by the three-hour squeezing was quite surprising!  It also took about two days for the embedded lines across my stomach to disappear.

Well, today it was time for revenge.  This morning I slipped...and I do mean slipped...these jeans on and they fit!  Not only fit but were loose and in fact a belt was necessary to hold them on to my waist and hips.  When I'm focusing on working hard and watching what I eat, it's hard to see the big picture during the day-to-day motivation.  Today was a big-picture day and I'm looking forward to many more!!

The cherry on top?  I commented to someone today that I turned 50 this year, a fact that took them totally by surprise.  They said I looked a decade younger!!

Jeans fit, looking younger than my years...it was a good Saturday!!  And another event that made it even more memorable was being able to visit with my Michael this morning.  He's a fighter and he's been working hard to build his strength and health.  I'm praying for his return to good health soon and I'm thankful for his spirit and the strides he's making.

No comments:

Post a Comment