Sunday, May 4, 2014

The ABC's - Amish, Blanket, and Chillin!

Friday evening Jordan called to let me know he had arrived in Nebraska.  Apparently where his friends relocated is in Nebraska Amish country; Jordan noted that he saw several Amish with horse-drawn carriages.  In addition, there was a local Amish spaghetti dinner fundraiser so they all had that for dinner. What an adventure!  Seeing new states and experiencing new cultures and activities.  He's going to be making a lot of memories during his time in Nebraska!
Michael with his
new blankie

Saturday found me rising bright and early to go for a walk before the rain hit.  My regular walking shoes are at work so I threw on a pair of light weight running shoes I wear on occasion.  Not a good idea - halfway through my walk my right heel began hurting with a blister rearing its ugly head.  It was a simple annoyance to my excellent 3.6 mile walk.

Following my walk, I cleaned up then drove to visit my Michael with present in hand.  He is always cold so this past week I stitched together a quilt using the logos from all the tourist tee shirts from our adventures.  The backing included red quilting along with basketball fabric.  He was very surprised and happy with the quilt, although, fearing it would disappear from his temporary home at the rehab center, he had me take it home for safekeeping.

My new shoes
After my Michael visit my next stop was Vancouver Mall, where I picked up a new pair of at-home exercise shoes.  Bright colored Asics with gel memory phone plus on clearance so my tennies were a score.  Can't wait to use them!

My weight loss goals are also continuing nicely.  Since I started the end of February I've lost 27 pounds; since my birthday in January I've lost 32 pounds. I feel great, getting better every day, and it will be nice to be able to reach my goal.  The following pic is a comparison between my birthday pic against my peep pic last week, which gives me continued motivation.
Progress since January!

And now today is Sunday....ahhhh!  A day to relax, kick back, and pretty much chill, other than breaking in my new shoes for a walk in the rain.

Have a wonderful week Divas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment