Sunday, August 14, 2016

From Benadryl to Barbecue

Saturday started off slow enough then became packed til the end. After waking up stuffy, I downed a few cups of coffee and painted a formerly hunter green cabinet a chalky coral.  I had previously painted the mirror above it dark teal.

After popping a Benadryl, I nodded off some, woke up and looked outside and saw a ton of cars. I realized that the neighborhood garage sale was going on so that spurred me to shower then hit the sidewalk to browse the sales.  It was sooo got outside!  Ended up with some cheap dvds as well as a new  $1 tablecloth.

My next trip was to Home Depot to get new knows for the painted cabinet. Also picked up some 16 cent ceramic tiles to paint. On to my next stop of Michaels but while driving by downtown Longview spotted an event going on.  Sidewalk sale!  Lots of antiques and crafts to browse.  I ended up with a platter and vase from the free box - score along with an old $10 chair that will look great on the front porch.

On to Michaels, Ulta, then Ross before hitting my final stop of Goodwill then taking my tired self home. Stopped at the mini mart for milk then who do I run into but son Sam and his buddy Tyler. They were on their way to Tyler's dad's for a bbq and invited me to join.  Sure why not!

It was a nice gathering, great burgers and the Corona I brought hit the spot. Was a nice ending to a busy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment