Sunday, August 14, 2016

Some Pizazz for the Porch!!

Got dressed this morning and ready for church. Drove there and found....no cars. Hmm did I have the wrong day? Wrong time? Read the flyer on the door and it was due to a church camp out that was this weekend. Ohhh that's right! Made my way back home and decided to tackle the front porch.

The porch project involved:


  • Painted some metal stars I had; 
  • Painted a candleholder paprika as it looked like coral;
  • Glued Beach letters to an extra piece of wood; 
  • Had Sam and Jimmy help me clean off and sweep the porch; 
  • Spruced up the bench and my thrift chair with pillows and throws; 
  • Drug a shutter box from the garage, covered it with kitchen towels and a glass container with shells; 
  • Painted the front steps deep turquoise; 
  • Painted Bimini Blue accents on my trunk (along with coral polka dots, thanks to Sam's input); 
  • Nailed up the Beach sign and the painted stars; 
  • Wrapped the Porch rails with some thick twine; 
  • Moved my recent pallet painting out to the porch; 
  • Ended up painting my ratty mailbox with extra turquoise paint.

Whew! Lots of work but I think it has turned out fantastic!

Another tidbit to add...I recently picked up a shell that lit up via a timer. I painted it silver and it looked pretty good although it felt a little odd...kind of waxy. Well, moved it to the back porch and discovered, after this hot weather, it was indeed wax. Poor thing melted into a ball of mush! I dug out the light mechanism and put it into the glass cylinder of shells out front.

Of course I should have taken before and after pics but what the heck - the after looks so much better!!






No comments:

Post a Comment