Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Tile is Sixteen Cents!!!

One of my upcoming projects will involve an old sewing machine cabinet.  I'm going to take my time with it so it turns out the way like the vision in my head.

The top is chipped and peeling. Tonight I removed the top layer.  It needs to be sanded then it will be painted - the cabinet one color then accents on the drawers of a different color.

Once painted I plan on placing a connected mosaic of painted ceramic tiles on top. Still thinking of a theme for the tiles but an idea will spark when I least expect it!

Speaking of tiles....was over at Home Depot picking up tiles yesterday. Went to pay and of course the only registers open were the do-it-yourself ones. All of the tiles except the 16 cent ones had bar codes so I asked the young cashier to ring those in for me.  I told her ceramic 16 cent tiles. She proceeds to search for them on her work phone.  $1.69?  No.  89 cents?  No.  48 cents?  No they are 16 cents.  74 cents?  NO, NO, NO!

I finally asked her if she wanted me to go take a picture of the price from the aisle.  "Ok sure", she says. Off I go back to plumbing, take a pic of price and bar code numbers, and return. Yes, 16 cents.  Sale done and I was finally out the door!!

Tonight I painted a picture inspired by a photo from a co-workers Facebook page. It turned out pretty good so will gift it to her tomorrow. Even artist Sam gave it his seal of approval!

Tomorrow is my Friday!!  The next day will be getting hair dyed then on Saturday off to the beach for some vacation R&R!!


No comments:

Post a Comment