Monday, August 15, 2016

Plum and Pumpernickel - A Winnng Combo!!

Okay, it may look a little funky but my crockpot plum butter turned out really yummy.  This morning I turned off the crockpot, added about 1/4 cup brown sugar along with cinnamon, then dumped it all in the blender and let it churn. Hot stuff but great tasting.  And no prune jokes people!!!
 






















Actually, sis Julie made some pumpernickel rye bagels this past weekend and I bet my plum butter would be absolutely wonderful on them. What do you think?  Great eye appeal huh??

 

Here's the recipe for my crockpot plum butter per Pinterest (I only had about two pounds plums so my batch was much smaller):

Diva Plum Butter
 
3 1/2 to 4 lbs plums
1/2 to 1 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
Cinnamon
Cardamon

Pit but do not peel the plums and place in crockpot.  Add 1/2 to 1 cup water.  Heat on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.   Leave overnight on low - no more stirring required.

In the morning add the brown sugar and spices to your liking.  Dump all in the blender and run until fairly smooth.

That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment