Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Beach is My Happy Place!

Arrived in Cannon Beach about 10 am and promptly ran down to the beach to soak up the surf. Unfortunately there was no sun to soak up so I made do with fog and heavy mist.

Looking for treasures, I scoured the sand and surf, picking up a variety of shells, coral, and colorful objects. Wandering the rocks, I ran across a rope attached to something heavy in the ground.  Ended up returning this evening to spend 2 hours digging deeper and deeper to free whatever the rope was attached.  It was getting dark so had to give up my digging and return to the cabin.

After my morning beach walk, Steve and I drove into Cannon Beach for lunch. Ended up at a local brewery - burger for him and prawn tacos for me.  Sooo good!!

I've got the alarm set for 5pm so my treasure seeking can continue bright and early during low tide. Ran across a weathered crap pot tonight that's on my list to snag tomorrow and I may return to digging for the treasure at the end of the rope.





No comments:

Post a Comment