Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Unexpected Kindness


It's always nice to hear kind words, which has happened a couple of times over the last few days.
 
Oddly enough, when I was finishing up at the register at Home Goods, the cashier said "I just wanted to say you look incredible today - it's almost like you are glowing."  Wow, that took me aback.  I said thank you of course but it was a surprising comment, especially since I had been running around all day and wasn't feeling very glowing.  Perhaps she mistook my sweat for glow. 
 
Today I received a nice note from a former VP from corporate, as follows:
 
I want to check in. Say thanks.

You have done such a great job over the last couple of years. Really kept that ship steady and ensured our employees and assets have always been protected. I have always appreciated your steady and thoughtful approach towards everything – in many cases you are in a class by yourself. What I love most is how you put so much effort into all things in an effort to improve everything. All things are a reflection of you. You seem to look at every process and see how you can improve it and, over time, you have improved so much. And you don’t stop there. You go above and beyond with your leadership support materials always seeming to wrap around the key messages of the week into the wisdom documents. You really are incredible.

Kind words like the above give me that much incentive to spread kindness to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment