Wednesday, November 9, 2016

First Time For Everything!!

What a day this has been and its only 10:41 am Pacific time!!

Woke at 3:30 am and up at 4am. Shuttle was late but got to airport fine. Read boarding pass wrong. Delivered to E terminal but took sky bus to C terminal for C1. Walked, forever to discover there is no C1 plus I'm in the American Airlines terminal. WTF due to the fact I'm flying Alaska Airlines.  I began to feel I was in the Twilight Zone - Trump elected President and no terminal C1!!!

Back to skybus, back to terminal E.  Looked all over for arrival and departure gates and times screen and coukd not find a one!!  What the hell was wrong with this ass backwards Texas airport!!  Finally found the monitor, found the gate number, then rushed, jogged, and sweated until I got to my gate.  Was I too late?  Yes.  Voice cracking I asked"how do I get home?"  The clicking of my heels three times did not work.  Was able to book changed flight to Seattle with connection to Portland.  This meant backtracking and rushing to the right gate.  All of this with very minimal caffeine in my system.

Got on the flight, got in the seat, and arrived in Seattle. Connecting flight leaves at noon; however, I'm now on standby to see if I can catch the earlier one at 11am.  Update - As I am typing this, the earlier flight became closed so here I sit waiting to board my original connecting flight for 12 noon.

The sweat in my hair has finally dried.  The clammy wetness on my back has gone, although it's left a bit of sweaty stiffness in its place. I'm ready to get on a jet plane and arrive to Portland to then hop on the shuttle to take me to bumf#%k Egypt economy parking to get my car.  Damn - this experience may just force me to drive to either Vancouver Mall or Goodwill for retail therapy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment