Monday, November 28, 2016

Weirdness in My Life

There have been a few weird occurances in my life lately. First off, I stopped at the bank window last Friday to get some cash. The teller was friendly and chatted a bit. She gave me my envelope of money and I drove over to Macys.   I grabbed the envelope to put the cash in my wallet and it felt heavy. Opening it up, there with my cash was someone's debit card. Ashley...hmm same name as the teller.

I promptly returned to the bank and handed back her card. How very strange. Made me wonder why she had her card out while working unless she was Internet shopping. She said thanks and I was on my way.

Tonight there was a much more major occurrence.   Got home from work, changed then made my way to the garage. I've been needing to replace the bulb in the garage but haven't so I grabbed my flashlight. I opened the door and flashed the light around. Next to the door on a shelf is an open bag of bird seed. I heard some noise and it was some seed falling out of the bag. I slowly shined the light into the bag. Swear to God I saw a tail.  Mouse!!!

I quickly slammed the door and ran inside. Started hyperventilating, crying, and a wave of anxiety set in. I do not like mice. I abhor mice.

Immediately texted son Sam for help; thankfully he said he'd be right over. I then texted farm girl sis Julie, bestie Lynn, and Steve for advice.   Julie said suck it up and buy a cat along with mouse traps laced with peanut butter, Lynn echoed Julie's advice, and Steve offered to come help.

At this point I'm shaking. Sam and his buddy Jimmy showed up and ventured to the garage while I cowered in the family room. Sam hit the bag a few times, rolled it up, double bagged it, and took it to the trash. He said there was no mouse in. But of course that's what the mouse wants me to think, to give me a false sense of security.

Talked to both Lynn and Steve to get me off the ledge. For some reason they both felt compelled to tell me their personal stories with mice. I think their point was to show they were still alive and well and I have nothing to fear. At least, I hope that was the reason other than to impart visions in my head from which nightmares evolve.  I did put two towels under the garage door to the house to ensure that furry rodent devil would not have access to enter.

Sam volunteered to set up traps tomorrow in the garage.  What a good son. I have now regained my composure and all is right in the world. Well, at least enough so I was able to make dinner and hide out in the living room!

A final message to the rodent in my garage (because I know you are still there):

I don't know what you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a warm place to sleep, I can tell you I don't have one for you.  But what I do have is a very particular set of anxiety that I have acquired over a long period of time. Anxiety that makes me a nightmare for mice like you.  If you leave my garage now, that will be the end of it.  I will not look for you. I will not pursue you.  But if you don't, I will look for you.  I will find you.  And I will kill you. Or I will have a psychotic break in the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment