Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday, Freeway, and Footstool

Friday here at last - whoopee!!  Here's hoping my commute is faster than yesterday when the following wreck slowed me down.


Last night I painted a blue jar with alcohol ink and glitter acrylic paint. I'm calling it my "Ode to Mom" jar as blue was her favorite color.  Hard to believe she's been gone 20 years.


Last weekend I attempted to cover a couple of the Starbucks metal stands. First off I made a padded cushion to set inside the shortest stand. That didn't work so well so I covered it over with more fabric, attempting to achieve a footstool. Jury is still out on that.

The next one I simply covered it with the faux gray leather fabric. Looks good but not sure where to use it.

I picked some sparkly glitter branches up from Michaels for 70% off.  I wanted to put some behind the tv.  Last night I searched for an appropriate container, which was an experience in frustration. Trying to find something big enough but not too big, small enough but not too small - it was wearing me out.  I ended up using a mason jar stuffed with paper towels crammed inside a peanut canister. Then set it on top of several books for height behind the boob tube.  Looks good but still needs a little more height.


Here's to everyone having a great weekend!  And let's pray that the weather stays warm as the news says there will be snow on Monday. Noooo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment