Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!  Tme seems to move so quickly and it's hard to believe 2017 is almost here.

Christmas Eve found me taking Sam to a few stores before heading over to Steve's for Christmas Eve dinner. Was so nice to see his family, especially his mom who is battling cancer.   She is looking really good.

About 9 pm we headed back to my place then stayed up til 1am watching movies and visiting. This morning when I tumbled out of bed around 7:15 I made the coffee and started prepping for dinner.  Ended up making a run to Safeway, the only grocery store open, so Sam could pick up some items. Back at home, Jordan and Candy showed up and we opened presents.


The prime rib was still cooking when Jordan and Candy left as they didn't feel good, which was a bummer.  Sam's friend Jimmy stopped by and stayed for dinner, which we ate about 2 pm. Prime rib turned out excellent - very juicy and pink.  I cooked the middle to 127 degrees but next time I think I may stop it at 120.  Love me the rare meat.

All that food and staying up late led to a 2 hour nap!  And I enjoyed every minute of it.

Tomorrow I work the late shift so I get to sleep in and perhaps hit the after Christmas sales.




No comments:

Post a Comment