Monday, December 12, 2016

Pink at a Bargain Price!

So I picked up for cheap from Ross a gray burnout velvet cardigan type top to wear to the annual family party.  Dug around in my closet for a tank to wear with it but couldn't find the right thing.  Stopped off at Joann's after work to take a looksie at the fabric because a tank top would be easy to sew.

Browsed the shiny, the glittery, the sequinned, the stretchy, the loose, the rayon, the lycra, and all the rest in between.  Finally settled on a gorgeous stretchy pink velvet at $9.99 per yard - a little high but I had a 40% off coupon.


Took it to the counter to get a yard.  As the clerk unrolled the fabric, there were some stains at the bottom. He unrolled some more and still more stains. We finally found a section where the stain was minimal at the very bottom.  Due to the spots, the clerk gave it to me at the damaged price with 75% off. My yard of fabric ended up costing me $2.09 - score!!

Came home, followed a current tank as a pattern, and sewed the shirt.  Turned out perfect!  Nothing better than having a sewing project turn out great as opposed to wasted effort and fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment