Thursday, December 15, 2016

Cocoa and Concrete

This morning I made some more truffles....actual full chocolate ones. The ones I previously made were based off of cake mixes and butter. The ones this morning were made of chocolate, cream cheese, and butter and covered with unsweetened cocoa powder.


After making those, I wrapped gifts and drank coffee. After lounging around, my next step was to clean off the back concrete slab behind the garage.

I recently changed insurance companies and they sent an appraiser to look around. Well, early in the summer Sam tore down an old gazebo, did some landscaping, and basically filled up the slab with a bunch of shit.  The appraiser said it needed to be cleaned up, which it did, although in the middle of snow and winter wasn't exactly my idea of fun.

Perhaps my overdose on coffee gave me a boost so I threw on a jacket, boots, and hat, grabbed my shovel and began to work.  Two hours it took of shoveling to clean that mess up.  It was literally back breaking work!  I even sprayed it clean with the hose. All this in the middle of the cold and snowy weather.


I'm downright pleased with my accomplishment!  So nice to take care of an on-going problem and see a task finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment