Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday, Messup, and Mice

Monday morning is here and thankfully no snow - yet. Very wet and cold outside which is still concerning.

Yesterday afternoon after Steve left I stopped off at Walmart to pick up a few groceries, including ingredients to make broccoli cheese soup, similar to Quiznos which I love.  After browning onions in butter, seasoning, adding cream then broccoli it was too grainy. Perhaps the error was adding in some instant potatoes as a thickener.  Even blending it all together wasn't a solution as it remained similar to cream of wheat. I tried to eat a cupful but between the consistency and the color (orangish brown and green) it wasn't happening. The whole pot of gruel went straight into the garbage and my dinner consisted of toasted olive bread.

As an update to my mouse situation, apparently it was all in my mind. At my urging, Steve investigated the garage in search of vermin.  He found nothing - no dead mouse bodies, no nibbling of the poison, and no rodent droppings.  While I'm very happy about this I'm disturbed that I imagined the whole episide. But I'm growing braver - last night I went into the garage and grabbed a few Christmas items to set up in the house and the porch. And lived to tell the tale!


Here's praying for a week filled with mild weather and creamy soup!!


No comments:

Post a Comment