Friday, August 18, 2017

Hangover, Huckleberries, and Hair

Thursday Stubbs and I hit the salon to get our hair under control. My hairdresser Abbie always rocks my hair to exactly how I'm envisioning it. Both of our do's turned out great.

Thursday afternoon Stubbs, Steve and I set off for Cannon Beach. We stopped at Doogers in Warrenton for dinner then arrived at the Arch Cape house. We were up until 2am - could not sleep, which I attribute to our Dutch Brothers pit stop on our way out of town.

This morning Stubbs and I hit the beach for about 30 minutes before dragging ourselves back to the house for some aspirin. Had a bit of a hangover due to indulging Thursday night, which resulted in riding the porcelain bus. Ugh....so typical every time I tie one on.

Took a nap then got up about 12:30pm to get officially ready for the day. We drove to Nehalem in search of huckleberries. Found a ton with a mixture of ripe and red.  We were going to wait a couple more weeks to pick but have now decided to pick ripe ones Saturday morning.

On our way to Seaside, Steve spotted a wicker chair on the side of the road. "Turn around!", I bellowed!  He turned back, I jumped out, carefully crossed the road, assessed the chair, threw it over my shoulders, and ran back across the road. Nothing was wrong with the sweet mint green wicker chair, which was our score of the day!

On to Seaside, where we hit Rag & Bone, an antique thrift shop, then continued to Dutch Bros. Coffee and on to Goodwill.  On the way back, stopped at Rue 21 where I scored a $5 pair of shoes.

Cruised through downtown Seaside and decided to have dinner at Bigfoot before heading home. Took a detour into Cannon Beach to see if the bunnies were out, which of course they were.

Finally home, Stubbs was excited to see us, especially when I gave him a little stuffed bear I picked up at Goodwill for him.

Surprise of the evening was when the neighbors started shooting off fireworks - not just sparkler quality but huge, 4th of July size.


Memorable day at the beach and looking forward to Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment