Monday, August 28, 2017

Tanning and Top Chef

Continued my cleaning jag this morning by loading the dishwasher then tackling the stovetop with the Norwek cloth and cleaning paste sample I received.  Did an awesome job, although just cleaning it to begin with made a difference.


After cleaning packed up and headed to the river. Didn't take Stubbs as figured he would be running all over and I didn't want to spend my time chasing him. Good thing too as there were some little yippy dogs that I'm sure would have raised Stubb's ire.

Swam, laid out, swam, laid out in the hot, hot sun. Watched people jump off a rope swing and others cliff jump into the water. Left after two hours because figured my white skin may rebel if left out to braise any longer.

100 degrees!

If you look closely, there is a guy getting ready to jump.

Nothing makes me feel better than swimming and enjoying the dog days of summer!!

Once home, made some blueberry compote with berries Arlene gave me from her garden. Was going to make it sugar free but sometimes that can leave a weird aftertaste so used regular sugar. Turned out great but since I've laid off sugar it seemed really sweet to me. Ladeled the compote into two pint jars and will give them to the boys or Steve to enjoy.

Watching Top Chef New York tonight, which I've seen numerous times. Have several seasons but searched all over via Amazon, Craigslist, Ebay, and Goodwill but can't find additional DVDs.  Arrrgggg!! If anyone finds seasons 1 or 2, let me know!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment