Saturday, August 5, 2017

Kalama and Coconut Flour

This morning I woke up bright eyed and bushy-tailed and, after coffee of course, cleaned the kitchen, put away all the items that were cluttering up the counters (like my rock projects), then vacuumed. Looks so much better.

Then, with the haze gone and the blue sky back, I pondered my options for the day - buy and fill up a cheap swimming pool or hit the Toutle River.  Went upstairs to brush my teeth and heard Jimmy, Sam, and Molly downstairs.  They were all heading to the Kalama Marina and invited me to go.  That solved my problem for the day!

Have only gone to the Kalama Marina boat launch area and never to the park.  Great spot - sat in the sun, swam in the river, played football catch, and drank a couple red beers. Sprayed 50 SPF all over as I sported my new clearance Walmart swimsuit.  At some point, you gotta forget about the extra pounds and just go for it, wear the suit, and screw anyone's opinion, starting first with our own.

On a separate note, here's a pic of coconut flour, low carb pancakes I made the other day.  Meh. Had a little bit of texture so weren't the greatest but turned out acceptable.


No comments:

Post a Comment