Saturday, August 19, 2017

I'm Your Huckleberry 🍇🍇🍇

Late this morning we drove into Nehalem to pick huckleberries. First we cruised toward Nehalem Bay and scouted out the bushes on the side of the road. When we spotted ones hanging heavy with berries, we hopped out to pick. Steve has two old berry pickers we used, which are metal canisters with tines at the end.  You sweep the branches with the tines and the berries fall into the canisters. These tools were miracle workers! No finger picking required!  No purple residue dyed onto our hands!

We had a great time and quickly filled up two gallon containers with berries. Of course, we need to sort through to pick out leaves and green berries but we still ought to have a large bounty on our hands.

After picking berries, we dropped off Stubbs at the house and changed. I threw on a top and some black pants.  Normally wear the pants with a belt as they seem to slide down but figured they would be ok.

We hit the road to the mini putt putt golf course in Seaside, which has become a regular visit. Every time we play I wind up getting one or two holes-in-one. Today was no different as I scored one hole-in-one but alas still lost the game.  Next time I need a practice game to warm up.

Wandered over to the promenade to people watch. During all this wandering, my pants, sans belt, kept sliding down, tugging my underwear down as well. Seems every few feet I'm pulling and yanking up my pants or shoving my hands down my pants to pull up my underwear. Arrrrgggg!!!  It was like an obscene nervous tick all the yanking and fighting with my pants!

We grabbed a sandwich at Tsunami Sandwich Shop, which is also a regular stop when we are in Seaside. Best sandwich place ever!!

After being so preoccupied with my falling pants, I was ready to be done with Seaside. We got to the car and hit the road to Cannon Beach in search of a chocolate shop. Couldn't find the one Lynn told me about so ran into Bruce's Candy Kitchen.  Was crazy busy so skipped a chocolate indulgence, returned to the car and headed back to Arch Cape. Perhaps chocolate will be in my future tomorrow! 😉

Right now Steve is napping and I'm chilling with the dog doing absolutely nothing, which is currently my favorite place to be!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment